Shirley's Creative Corner

Welcome to my first attempt at blogging. I just started making cards recently. I have been out of work for over a year now because of a bad back. Unfortunately, I am very limited to what I can do. I loved cross stitching but I found I needed to find something else to do and stumbled across a web site for making your own cards and I was hooked. So far I have purchased a used Cricut machine from E-Bay that came with lots of used mats, a cartridge and some extra blades for less than 50.00 shipping included. I have also managed to pick up 4 more used cartridges plus lots of paper for card making. Our local dollar store has been a great place to find lots of things for dressing up my cards (especially for someone on a limited budget) and I try to get there a couple of times a month. I will be posting a few pictures and some instructions on how to make a few cards that I hope will inspire you to get started making them. I guess that's about all for my first blog. Hope you enjoyed it. Have a great day!! A little post script to my original blog. I will be talking about other things besides card making. I will probably add a few personal thoughts about how I feel,what the weather is like, I guess whatever is on my mind that particular day.Hope I do get a few followers and that I don't offend anyone with my ramblings.

Monday, November 15, 2010

creating cards

Hi There, I'm new to card making but have already become addicted to it. I have found so many wonderful places on the net to help me find great ideas.  I have purchased a Cricut Personal machine and I guess I don't have to tell you have fallen completely in love with it. I am already looking at saving the money to purchase the Cricut Expression which uses the larger cutting mats (12x24) . I have been making lots of Christmas cards and I'm so excited about making them. There are so many different cards to make that I'm afraid I'll end up making enough for the next two years. Well this was my first attempt at blogging and I hope no one finds it to boring. Please feel free to offer me any kind of advice on how to blog. Thanks again for reading my blog. Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment