Shirley's Creative Corner

Welcome to my first attempt at blogging. I just started making cards recently. I have been out of work for over a year now because of a bad back. Unfortunately, I am very limited to what I can do. I loved cross stitching but I found I needed to find something else to do and stumbled across a web site for making your own cards and I was hooked. So far I have purchased a used Cricut machine from E-Bay that came with lots of used mats, a cartridge and some extra blades for less than 50.00 shipping included. I have also managed to pick up 4 more used cartridges plus lots of paper for card making. Our local dollar store has been a great place to find lots of things for dressing up my cards (especially for someone on a limited budget) and I try to get there a couple of times a month. I will be posting a few pictures and some instructions on how to make a few cards that I hope will inspire you to get started making them. I guess that's about all for my first blog. Hope you enjoyed it. Have a great day!! A little post script to my original blog. I will be talking about other things besides card making. I will probably add a few personal thoughts about how I feel,what the weather is like, I guess whatever is on my mind that particular day.Hope I do get a few followers and that I don't offend anyone with my ramblings.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hello Again, Welcome back. I hope where ever you are the weather is much nicer than here. Today is a very dreary wet,cold miserable day. It's the kind of a day where you wish you had a roaring fire in the fireplace,a large mug of hot chocolate and your craft room all organized and ready for your next project. Well I guess that's enough of my fantasy, time to get back to the real world. Unfortunately, we live in a very small house and my kitchen table has become my craft room and that is okay for now, but I have plans to someday have a beautiful large craft room that will be well organized. Oh well, we all need to have dreams .
Today I will be making some all occasion cards as I have been lucky enough to have an order for some. I have only made a couple of cards that were not for Christmas,one was a new born baby girl and the other one was for a friends birthday. I am excited about this project and can hardly wait to get started.
Guess that's about it for today. Have a great day and may God bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment